Our area of expertise is in the diagnosis and treatment of infections in adults and adolescents. Our patients are usually Singapore residents, expatriates and from the regional countries. We also care for critically ill patients who air-evacuated to seek further treatment with us. For the very young, we will care for them in collaboration with our paediatric colleagues.
What to Expect
When you arrive on your first visit, please go to the reception and you will be asked to fill up paperwork to register you as a patient of our clinic. Depending on the complexity of your illness, your first visit with the specialists may take 20-30 minutes. We will make every effort to keep to the schedule but we ask your indulgence if unforeseen circumstances occur resulting in delays. we encourage our patients to bring recent and pertinent records (in English) including the following:
- A letter from your referring doctor summarizing the medical condition, especially the infections
- A complete record of immunizations
- Copies of medical record information from other health care providers
- All radiological films, CDs, DVDs and written radiologic reports related to the infections
- All pathology slides and written pathology reports
- All insurance claim forms and insurance cards that are relevant to your clinic visit
If we fail to meet your expectations, we would appreciate your feedback.
When you attend our clinics, you can expect considerate and respectful care from our specialists and staff. We provide diagnosis and treatment of patients with many types of infections. These infections may be caused by a wide range of bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic agents, acquired locally or abroad and post-operative infections. We offer a wide range of vaccines for prevention of infection maintenance of health, pre-travel requirements and for post-exposure prophylaxis.
In our clinics, we take in referrals for infectious disease cases from other specialists, general practitioners and other healthcare practitioners. We also provide post-discharge follow-up for infectious conditions and Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT) infusion service for patients who require intravenous antibiotic therapy. This would enable patients to recuperate comfortably at home or at our clinics.
Outpatient Parenteral Anti-Microbial Therapy (OPAT)
It can be delivered in the following settings:
The different routes of antibiotic administration are:
Advantages of OPAT:
1. Cost saving: obviate need for in-hospital stay
2. Convenience of recuperating in one’s home settings
3. Allows freedom for patients to do other things: eg. returning to work or run errands
4. Decrease length of hospital stay also result in decreased risk of catching hospital-acquired infections and iatrogenic risks. (Estimated risk of nosocomial infections is 5-10%)
5. Happy patient